Put together a great X pipe, long tube header combination for me please....

Chowder Head

Dec 30, 2003
Tampa, FL
What X pipe and cat back exhaust will sound awesome with a pair of BBK Longtube headers? I'm looking for quiet, slight rumble at idle, hardly any drone near the 3k mark and screams like a ****** at WOT.

There are so many combinations out there I don't know where to start.
What if I get x pipe and cat back from Bassani? Will that sound sweet?

Please, ANY ideas would be much appreciated. I have enough money to purchase an axhaust I want but I have no clue what sounds like what.

Thank you all!

• Sponsors (?)

Dtowncats said:
Try a UPR type x-pipe with a Magnaflow catback. I have this with shorty headers and it is fairly quiet until ya get on it. Then she screams!! I will not be changing my set-up for a long while. Yes, Bassani will sound very good also.

i wish i could hear how your car sounds, i have magnaflow also, and would like to hear it with an X pipe , i might get that upr one, or VRS in the future

igotyofire said:
i wish i could hear how your car sounds, i have magnaflow also, and would like to hear it with an X pipe , i might get that upr one, or VRS in the future
If I had the know-how, I would post a couple soundclips. I say just go for it. I have never heard the combo before mine and I just hoped for the best. No regrets here!:D

Chowder Head said:
What X pipe and cat back exhaust will sound awesome with a pair of BBK Longtube headers? I'm looking for quiet, slight rumble at idle, hardly any drone near the 3k mark and screams like a ****** at WOT.

There are so many combinations out there I don't know where to start.
What if I get x pipe and cat back from Bassani? Will that sound sweet?

Please, ANY ideas would be much appreciated. I have enough money to purchase an axhaust I want but I have no clue what sounds like what.

Thank you all!

my friend has a 88 lx with bbk long tubes bbk off road h and magnaflow cat back. i forget how many chambers. the car is really quiet, but once u get on it it SCREAMS. it was an expensive combo tho. i know the catback ran him about 500