Putting A Carbureted 302 & C4 Into A 1995 V6 Mustang...

bigblokstang

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2002
I've been contemplating putting a very low mile mildly built 93 5.0L with a C-4 that I already have, into my DD 95 V6 Mustang, due to the 3.8 having 165k miles on it and knocking above 2800 RPM, and I have a few questions.
I know I can wire the engine up w/o too many issues. I'm just not sure what systems/circuits are routed through or to the computer. Is the A/C controlled by the computer? The reason I ask is, I'm pretty sure under WOT, the a/c compressor clutch disengages. I want to keep the A/C on the car, and I know I'll need to find a 5.0L bracket and compressor, and probably the hoses. I know I will need to use after market gauges too. Also, what about the fuel system? Are the V6 lines the same size as the 5.0L's? Can the in tank pump be upgraded and then regulated down to a carb friendly pressure, or would it be easier to change to an early model gas tank (providing the fox and sn95 tanks are interchangeable), and run an external electric fuel pump, or can I just use a pickup/sending unit from a carbed FOX? Are there any other systems that need to be left in tact?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Being it's my DD, I need to know what I'm getting into before I start ripping into it.
Can a whole car wiring diagram be obtained? That may help me see how it's wired.

• Sponsors (?)