Pypes Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Pypes Violators catback, and love it. It got a bit louder a while after I installed it, but not outrageously loud. Nice sound all around. I would do it again knowing what I know now. Oh, and I can keep it fairly quiet when I need to, say if a police car is riding next to me. But they don't bother people for noise around here unless it's insanely loud.

Pypes Exaust

I will be replacing the exhaust system on my 67 390 very soon and I was planning on getting a Magnaflow system. However, I have noticed this Pypes system on Summit's website -

Pypes Performance SFM03S - Pypes Street Pro Exhaust Systems - summitracing.com

Does anyone have any experience of Pypes systems?? I was wondering aswell if it would be much louder than a Magnaflow system.

Any comments appreciated.

Darren

This thread is from a while back and wanted to see if there were anyone using a Pypes exhaust system. I came across the Pypes exhaust setups in the Mustangs Unlimited catalog. Any feedback is helpful, thanks.

I just put this exhaust in my 66 behind a 347 with Hedman headers. For the price I don't think you can beat it. It fit well and the sound is just right to me. I installed the quietest of the mufflers (I think Street Pro). It's not nearly as loud as the Spintechs in my fastback but loud enough to get your attention. Melllow idle but wakes up when you get on it. Best part is they are stainless steel.