Quality Build Books 302 Stroker

slipkid269

Jun 24, 2021
Michigan
I am in the info gathering stage of rebuilding my 302 h.o.

Looking for books or book with technical stats and tolerances with a focus towards strokers.
I have looked over the books on Am azon and the reviews are always conflicted towards either lack of info or the wrong info. So if you know of or have a book that hits the target I would love to hear about it. Hopefully you can help me narrow down to what I need.

• Sponsors (?)

What are you trying to build ? There’s a Lot of info right at your finger tips.

What’s your goal ? Power adder or NA ?

This is good if you're planning a hydraulic lifter build:

Amazon product ASIN 1613250843View: https://www.amazon.com/Build-Big-Inch-Ford-Small-Blocks/dp/1613250843/ref=pd_bxgy_sccl_2/131-4174152-0629554?pd_rd_w=vdL0u&content-id=amzn1.sym.7757a8b5-874e-4a67-9d85-54ed32f01737&pf_rd_p=7757a8b5-874e-4a67-9d85-54ed32f01737&pf_rd_r=5YJNXYFN5XB2X4DYEFST&pd_rd_wg=fkTvg&pd_rd_r=5ecc66e4-5a3e-4a90-ac01-898ed4e36bb1&pd_rd_i=1613250843&psc=1

I didn't find too much about tuning and tend to use it as reference material myself.

I should add that bumpsticks are mostly magic to me. That dude that posted above me is a good source for cam info.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats interesting. Is there that big of a difference between building a roller motor and hyd? The roller aspect is new to me, are there things I need to keep in mind pertaining to the differences in roller and hyd? Parts do seem to be listed as roller or non and the roller type seem to be either nonexistent or very pricey.

Thats interesting. Is there that big of a difference between building a roller motor and hyd? The roller aspect is new to me, are there things I need to keep in mind pertaining to the differences in roller and hyd? Parts do seem to be listed as roller or non and the roller type seem to be either nonexistent or very pricey.
He actually said hydraulic lifter,not solid. If you're thinking flat tappet, I wouldnt put one on anything I owned. WAY to many problems with them.

They can be roller and hydraulic at the same time.

Tolerances change when you start getting into solid lifter engines.

Reactions: 1 user