Question about 04 GT + vortech

Mikedip7

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I’ve been helping out my friend recently with his 04 GT. He’s got an vortech v2 and should be putting out 8-9lbs. It’s a stock 3.60 pulley, boost gauge is showing 0 psi and 20 vacuum. I noticed the tensioner pulley was slipping and replaced the belt and tensioner. Still not reading any boost. Any suggestions? I was gonna try swapping out the Bosch bypass with a Proflow, but sadly I just noticed that the inlet / discharge are completely different sizes between the Bosch and proflow. Just looking for some direction?

Side note. Already checked all clamps, all are tight and no visible cracks or holes. and I do not hear any noise from the Bosch bypass when I rev the car up.

• Sponsors (?)

With that size pulley I’m making 4 psi at 4K rpm and making 9 psi at 6k rpm+.

At idle and with normal sub 2k rpm driving I see nothing on the boost gauge - that’s normal.

Does the seat in the pants feel like the supercharger is producing boost?

Take pictures of your supercharger setup and trace the spot that you have placed your boost sensor so that we can visualize what you have going on. If the boost sensor is not reading boost but the seat of the pants feels good - time to recheck your boost sensor / vacuum leaks.

Boost gauge is at a T by the fuel rail, I don’t think I have a photo at the moment. I’ll snag on tonight, and I don’t feel anything at any rpm. Also should I be hearing anything from the bypass valve?