question about electric fans

oldfox

Feb 19, 2009
I'm working on a project where the outer belt is going to run close to the radiator. It looks like I can get two (maybe) fans like a 10" or 12" slipped
in on either side but they will need to sit close to the radiator with no shroud. So that limits how much of the radiator will have air flowing through it. Do you think a third fan --a pusher-- mounted on the outside of the condenser core would help much? I think I can fit a 14" in the front right in the center. I have a 3 core alumium radiator so i'm hopping that helps it
stay cool. Also do the fans with the curved blades have a higher CFM?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The curved blade fans do seem to have higher cfm going from memory. Google ron davis radiators and take a look at his setups. I have a twin setup on my mustang that works brilliantly. However, I did modify the electrical setup to make it a little more robust.

Chris

From what I can remember, the curved blades main job was to cut down on noise more so then increase the flow rate, (Please note I can be wrong). But go to Flex-A-Lite web site to verify that and hopefully you can also find a set up that should fit your application. You mentioned that "the outer belt" thing, so I can assume you are looking for something other then a serpetine Fox set up, etc. We even use Contour dual fan set ups that keep some built combo's cool. I wouldnt recommend running electric fans without shrouds and right against the radiator cores, they dont flow well that way. Puller fans flow better then pushers.