Question about Flaming River Manual rack/steering shaft

Calico Cobra

May 6, 2005
I recently purchase a flaming river steering shaft for power steering. I am debating switching to manual steering. If i do, would i have to purchase a new steering shaft. If not, what parts do i need to make this work. Trying to keep this simple. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

u going to sell the power rack if so i would sell it all and just get a non power new kit. if u dont want to sell it u could call flaming river and ask to sell u that piece u need i looked and i cant find that piece but i know some one sells them all i could find was not spline ones
here is a place that sells them call and ask for your spline and the rod size and they should sell u 1
Needle Bearing Universal Joints

thanks for the info. I paid $155 for the steering shaft, so i will probably just buy the adapter, tie rod ends, and the manual rack all from flaming river. Does anyone know the part #'s?

thanks for the info. I paid $155 for the steering shaft, so i will probably just buy the adapter, tie rod ends, and the manual rack all from flaming river. Does anyone know the part #'s?

You'll regret it i bought my car with a flaming river manual rack. it sucks. Its not as bad going down the round but it still sucks. Im dealing iwth it because its already there but am seriously considering buying a new poer rack, so i can actually enjoy my car. Mine just has the steering shaft adapter that connects to the stock shaft Maybe it would be better with the after market shaft?