Question about hearders

Lav_2002GT said:
I dont see much mention of people putting headers on. Is this a worth while mod? If so what headers would yall recommend for a 02 GT? On a modest budget if possible. I have heard a couple of people dogging BBK. Do they make good products? All help appreciated. :)
Do you see what you've started! Let me give you some advice...Don't ask questions about headers or cold air intakes and whatever you do don't discuss LS1's.This thread may never end. Thanks a lot! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Ice Cold said:
Do you see what you've started! Let me give you some advice...Don't ask questions about headers or cold air intakes and whatever you do don't discuss LS1's.This thread may never end. Thanks a lot! :D

forgot gears :D

i'm done as well, my apologies for attempting to give accurate info

tomabram said:
NO WAY YOU WILL GET 25 RWHP. that means about 30at the crank. Never happen. Lucky to get half that. And 3-7hp for equal shorties? Not even close there either. Your lucky if you get 5hp difference between the 2.
And yes you WILL hit with the longtubes. Do you want a pic of where mine has scraped several times with a 2 inch drop? So yes, my info IS TRUE, VERY TRUE.

You have to keep in mind that long tube installs also mean a new midpipe.

03trubluGT said:
Hey, doubting Tom, look at this:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=413762

My thread from May 2003 is too old to show up. I have the dyno if you would like to see it though.

When there are several people with one opinion, and you by your lonesome with your opinion, where is the common denominator?

Matt

Yes, ok, ok. But a full exhaust with shorties WILL gain good results. I wouldnt put shorties on without doing everything back. And of course
LT's are better.

I have hooker LTS, pain in the ass to put on, but dont regret it, the only thing is you will have to change the steerint shaft to a flaming river one otherwise your steering will fill loose cause it melts the nylon out of factory shaft, My car is lowered 1.5 inches and have no problems for clearance so keep that in mind. And good luck on what ever decision you make

Lav_2002GT said:
Yeah...ok... didnt mean to start a mud slinging contest. I just wanted some helpful advice. Roger, will do searches in the future.

You have a some premiere speed shops near you...you should check them out. www.modularpowerhouse.com

Take Georgia 400 Northbound and get off at the McFarland road exit(exit 12B). Loop around onto McFarland road. Drive approximately 1.2 miles until you see Union Hill Road. Make a left onto Union Hill Road. Drive approximately 1.2 miles on Union Hill Road until you reach Union Hill Industrial Court. Make a right onto Union Hill Industrial Court and its the second building on the left. Just look for Mustangs out front.