Question for Convertible Owners with Bilsteins or anyone else who can Help

CrazyCorey

Jul 25, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I am ready to invest in a set of Bilstein HD series shocks and struts. My only questions ars as follows:

I have a 2004 GT Convertible and I want to know, do the Convertible GT's use the same part number shocks and struts as the Coupes?

Do the HD series work with the H&R Supersports?

The reason I ask is because some sites say all 94-04's use the same part number shocks and struts, while other say, excluding convertibles.

I thought verts and coupes are all the same, and the cobra's are different since they have IRS.

Anyways, your help is appreciated thanks guys!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

according to the bilstein website they are the same part number. I have never seen vert shocks and struts. now verts take different springs

the BTS systems have differnet part numbers as spring sets are different for verts.

I have Eibach Pros on Bilstein HDs. I love my Bilsteins. Yes, the ride quality changes (little harsher on deep potholes/bad streets) but the overall FEEL and LOOK of the car is WELL worth it. You can take corners with complete confidence and less roll.

I had Eibach Pro's on stock shocks/struts for 1 year and let me tell you, it was HARSH. When I went to Bilsteins it was night and day. Go with Bilsteins if you have hte $450 to drop. Otherwise go with Adjustable Tokico's and set it on 4-5 stiffness. Will save you a little if you are strapped on cash. Otherwise, Bilsteins all the way!

well the supersports are a 700lb/in spring with less travel so the ride is going to be harsher. So on bad pavement you will notice a ride quality hit. there is no bottoming out or anyting though just a bit harsh on big bumps. there is going to be some ride quality hit with an drop spring though.

The car is some much more reponsive and predictable though. if you want ride quality I would not drop over 1".

Crazy- You have made a great choice! Go with the Bilsteins and H&R's. You will see/feel a firmer ride, but very tolerable IMO. If you have any extra cash, I would also put on some MM cc plates. It makes a big difference in steering feel and input when you put in 4+ degrees pos. caster.

Am I going to be okay going with the HD series shocks and struts then?

haneymotorsport- I already purchased the MM plates. I have heard such great things about them I had to get em!!!!

Thanks for all your responses guys.

I use the Bilstein HD with H&R race springs and love them. The ride is firmer but not harsh. I've had other guys ride in my car who had other combos and immediately want to swap to bilstein's.