Question on stock Headgaskets? on my 87gt.

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i havent posted in awhile been busy...lol...Anyways i bought an 87 GT vert with an AOD its has a paxton supercharger model SN93....I was going to do GT40 heads...GT40 intake, 1.7 roller rockers..But money is tight right now and the job scene is getting a little crazy...they layed off some people so i really dont want to go that crazy with the car...So i decided to leave the stock heads and intake for now...Im converting it to MAF im upping the injectors to 24 lbs...an adjustable fuel presssure regulator..Im installing a Power pipe and relocating the MAF into the fender well...Also the car has a 70mm TB too.Im also getting rid of the smog pump and all the A/C stuff including the condensor..The car has BBK shorty headers already .Im going to use an Off road H-pipe and Maybe a MAC cat back,...I will be installing 3.73's...Im installing also Sub frames,strut tower brace and in time a 6 point roll bar...My question is How reliable are the STOCK head gaskets with say around 6-8 psi of boost and do you think this car will run alot better converted to MAF will i notice a difference?...And of course do you think i can get this into the 13's....? Thanks...Oh yeah it has one of a shift kit...i think it might even have a mild convertor..I know it has a big trans cooler......So this is going to be a budget build and im hoping for at least high 13's do you think thats possible?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the info...I will up the injectors and do a tune once i can afford to do a set of heads and intake...possible a cam too....But for now shouldnt i be ok with 24 lb injectors with a FMU on a stock set-up?