Question on Trick Flow Upper intake plenum.....

MotleyCrue

Dec 5, 2003
Cedar Falls, IA
Hi guys,

I was looking at getting the Trick flow upper intake plenum for my car, the only thing is, on the stock one there is a pipe coming out of it thats about 1/2 wide that has a hose hooked up to it, its on the drivers side right in front, if you know what im talking about. I see this pipe on the C&L plenum but not on the Trick flow, is there a reason for that? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i installed my C & L last week so i'm trying to visualize what you are talking about. when i did my install, every connection was the same as stock..so therefore i have to ask if you are sure you are viewing the right plenum for your model/year car

Hey 1990,

Yes i was over at CRmotorsports and viewed the Trickflow intake they have on their site that says up to 2004, i guess it could be a different intake pictured, but i dont see that particular connection on the intake pictured.

MotleyCrue said:
Hey 1990,

Yes i was over at CRmotorsports and viewed the Trickflow intake they have on their site that says up to 2004, i guess it could be a different intake pictured, but i dont see that particular connection on the intake pictured.
you make a good point, i hadn't thought of that..perhaps you could email or call them up and ask them what the deal is because they may in fact have a picture of a different model but your intended model would have the attachment you need.

the rubber/plastic hose that's connected to the stock plenum is just for smog issues. I don't think you will have a problem with changing to a trickflow plenum and not putting it on. Though i think trickflow might've pictured the wrong product.

MotleyCrue said:
Hi guys,

I was looking at getting the Trick flow upper intake plenum for my car, the only thing is, on the stock one there is a pipe coming out of it thats about 1/2 wide that has a hose hooked up to it, its on the drivers side right in front, if you know what im talking about. I see this pipe on the C&L plenum but not on the Trick flow, is there a reason for that? Thanks
could always go C&L or Dragon.. My install went smooth.

wms004 said:
could always go C&L or Dragon.. My install went smooth.
after the spoiler delete that i did, the C & L was the easiest mod i've ever done. everything fit perfectly and all the hoses and wires connected without problem..plus i got a really good price..

It comes with 4 brass screw-in barb fittings. 2 different sizes for the pcv, one for the small hose and one for the 2001+ large hose.

Attachments

• P1110013.JPG
    P1110013.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 188