Question regarding catted "X" pipes?

ZINC76

Jan 18, 2007
Miami Florida
I have a "01" Mustang GT and I have a question regarding mid pipes. I notice that the stock "H" pipe has four catalytic converters, if I installed a 2 1/2 inch X pipe with welded in magnaflow catalytics on each side would I still have to use MIL eliminators ?Since Im going from four "cats" to only two "cats"? I was told that you only use MIL eliminators when you're running no "cats" at all. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a "01" Mustang GT and I have a question regarding mid pipes. I notice that the stock "H" pipe has four catalytic converters, if I installed a 2 1/2 inch X pipe with welded in magnaflow catalytics on each side would I still have to use MIL eliminators ?Since Im going from four "cats" to only two "cats"? I was told that you only use MIL eliminators when you're running no "cats" at all. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Some people are lucky and don't need MIL eliminators, unfortunately for me when I had my catted x-pipe I did need to use them to get the CEL off. But I really suggest just getting a tuner to turn off the rear O2's since you will most likely be wanting one in the future anyways plus you can do alot more stuff with it and get more HP with it. Good luck.

When I got my 01 GT it had L/T's, a o/r mid pipe and catback. The guy had 4 MIL's on there. I took them all off because they were melted and just hooked up the front two sensors. The rears I just blocked and I don't even have a tune. Car runs good too...hehe

Thanks Laserred02, actually I already have a Diablosport tuner but before I got the tuner I had MIL's because I was running an o/f "X". I just kept using the MILs cuz I was kind of scared to go in the predator and start messing around with O2 sensors and stuff. Im sure its easy but I already had the MILs so just left it alone.