Questions about Trick Flow top end kit?

MYSTICSVT

Founding Member
May 16, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
I'm in the process of putting in my Trick Flow top end kit(should be done by the end of the week). Here's what I've got so far:

Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 camshaft
Trick Flow Street Heat intake
FMS lifters
FMS 1.6 rockers
BBK headers
BBK h-pipe
BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 250 lph fuel pump
Flowmaster after-cat
70mm throttle body and EGR plate
24 pound injectors
C&L 76mm MAF meter with 24 pound sample tube

Since this is my first EFI build. I have some questions. Will this combo start up and run fine, or am I gonna need to have it professionally tuned? Also, what should I set the base timing and fuel pressure at?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

It would be best to have the car dynoed and tuned. I would set the fuel pressure and timing back to stock spec until you have the car dynoed tuned. That way you should not have any problem driving the car around town.

I have almost the same kit but I have a 347 so I called in my order and they hooked me up with a couple different things for my valvetrain. I really need a tune. I am running 30 pound injectors and a bigger maf. But I knew that I would need a tune. I live in the middle of the moutains in durango colorado. When i get to denver after the engine is broken in I will have it tuned.

you must use autolite 3924's with those heads I learned that the hard way also you will need a 3/8 spacer on your intake manifold so that bbk fpr will fit if you don't know those two things already.

The stock computer can run it ok but a 4-bank sct chip with a dyno tune will help alot I picked up an extra 15 horse at the wheel across the board

you must use autolite 3924's with those heads I learned that the hard way also you will need a 3/8 spacer on your intake manifold so that bbk fpr will fit if you don't know those two things already.

The stock computer can run it ok but a 4-bank sct chip with a dyno tune will help alot I picked up an extra 15 horse at the wheel across the board

Does it still clear the stock hood with the spacer?

ok look ive been asking about this for days .............. i just bought a car with the trick flow top half and a 331 bottom end my car wont rev past 5600 rpms and............................ my timing runs the best @ 10 degreeswhy is that im not use to this bull **** to be honest i rather spay it @ this point till is blows and start over but if someone will tell me something new im will to try it im goin tomm to buy a new computer then should i try and set my timing higher i know stiock motor would run with atleast 16 degrees why does my car fall on its face past 10 degrees???//

pills11.com ;))

i dont know dude. I run 18 degrees with great results. Maybe its the cam

To answer your question, you can drive it around forever and from the very beginning. You don't need a tune.

I did AFR's, FTI cam, Performer intake with all the small changes like you and drove it for 2.5 years and still haven't got a tune, runs great!

Get your MAF and injectors calibrated to match. Look to upgrade to 24lber's if you haven't already.

With 24 lb injectors I would try 40 psi of fuel pressure with vac. line off and plugged.

Set timing around 14-18* with spout disconnected....

Gap the autolite 3924's to .045-.050"....