quick ? bout exhaust setups

im kinda tired of the old flowmaster sound with the h- pipe. i wanna run and o/r x and mac flowpaths on my 90 gt. are any of yall running this setup or something similar?? and another question. do all the x pipse sound the same? cuz i dont have the money for a big name brand thats why im gonna go with the mac setup.im only 17 so i kinda need some guidance lol.also keep in mind that the exhaust will be dumped right off the muffler before the axle. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

In my opinion X pipes with dumped mufflers sound like chit. maybe you should search around and listen to some sound clips for that type of setup. Check out mustangexhaust.com....they have alot of sound clips and info about each setup. Also check out streetfire.net and youtube for examples of different X pipe sounds. but IMO x pipes sound best with tails.

Actually, I'm running an off-road X with a Mac Flowpath exhaust on my GT... it sounds pretty mean. It has a nice throaty growl to it and I like the tone of the X pipe much more than the off road H I had before. One nice thing about the X pipe is it will still get loud if you step on it, but it's much quieter at idle and part throttle than an o/r H, and it also doesn't drone on the highway nearly as much.

Search streetfire.net for some videos... I did and it sold me on the X pipe. An X with Flows also sounds pretty nice IMO, but whichever mufflers you go with I would definately run tailpipes. Dumped mufflers are going to be too loud and too throaty to really sound that good.

BTW I don't know if each brand sounds a little different or not, but I'm running a Pypes X which I got on eBay for about $170 shipped. It's a nice piece, all stainless and fits really well, I'm really happy with it for the price.

Just resaerch before you commit. Also as far as the money goes. It is worth saving the coin for what you want since the cheaper stuff will need replacing sooner than a better quality stainless setup. I have had a x and an h on a 4.6 with the flowpaths and I liked the x better. But the 4.6 sounds different.