Quick Exhaust Question

DRock9

Aug 22, 2006
My car has 1 5/8" BBK Headers, 2.5" Mac O/R H-pipe, and I just got dumped Magnaflows. I ran my car for two weeks with just 2 out of the 4 Cats and no tailpipes/mufflers then i've been running for a couple months with stock mufflers/no tails and right now it is sooooo quiet with the Magnaflows. People said that O/R Midpipe and dumps gets annoying after 2 weeks but I would think tailpipes would be almost unnoticable sound change wise. I cant see this ever getting annoying...is something wrong? If I switched to Magna's "Glasspacks" would it be a lot louder? My friend has a 350Z with no cats and two 4" Magna's that he also got today and its just as loud if not louder...

3.5L V6 > 5.0L V8 :shrug: :notnice:

Also, when I flick my fogs on and off my alt moves up/down a notch or two...is this a sign of it going bad?

One more thing, my clutch seems to go from loose to hard in cycles...is it gonna go soon?

Thanks!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know the model number, didn't bother to check I figured they would get the loudest ones since they know I love it...all I know is they are the polished SS with offset inlet/outlets. I can check under to see if they have a model number or call them later today to find out.

After having my friend drive it I think I will settle for whatever it is, it sounds real nice but its not loud...oh well it will be fine. But does anyone know the answer to my clutch issue? Its been randomly getting harder then softer to push the pedal and sometimes it grabs real high and sometimes it grabs in the middle...should I be looking into a King Cobra soon?

Flywheel worth upgrading while im in there?

After having my friend drive it I think I will settle for whatever it is, it sounds real nice but its not loud...oh well it will be fine. But does anyone know the answer to my clutch issue? Its been randomly getting harder then softer to push the pedal and sometimes it grabs real high and sometimes it grabs in the middle...should I be looking into a King Cobra soon?

Flywheel worth upgrading while im in there?

Same thing happened to me with a heavy duty clutch on stock T5 with steel bearing retainer. In my case it was lack of lube on steel bearing retainer where the throwout bearing slides on...also the suggestion on clutch cable is a good one.

Also, when I flick my fogs on and off my alt moves up/down a notch or two...is this a sign of it going bad?

One more thing, my clutch seems to go from loose to hard in cycles...is it gonna go soon?

Thanks!!!!!

Yes its normal for fog lights to affect the gauge couple notches with stock alt. Hope youve done the fog light fix (listed somewhere in here...)