Quick Question about Fuel Inj/MAF/New Setup

My brother recently purchased 42lb ford injectors for his camaro. He now has 2 sets of injectors laying around that I could have. He has his stock injectors that flow at 26.# something according to Chevy (but they test them at a different scale then ford) and he also has 30 lb ford injectors that he is taking out to put in the 42's. Now my question is which one would be best for my setup when I do heads and cam listed in my sig? Also is there anyway to tune the stock MAF to the new injectors or do I need to get a new MAF?

Thanks for reading,
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

if you don't have heads, cam, and intake then neither! but if you plan on going with a good h/c/i in the future then take the 30lb injectors and keep them until you have those upgrades.

Yeah that is what i was planning to do, is keep one of the two sets of injectors until i install everying. My setup is going to be Thumper Heads (flow a little bit better then GT40s), TFS1, and the only piece of the HCI i have installed so far is my cobra intake.

I say go 30's but you may run into needing to mess with the eec alittle to get them perfect as they are just a tad to big...but 24's would be best...but 30's are FREE.

You can change the inj. size settings in the eec without adding a maf. Since the 30's would be a tad on the big side with you combo a tune/tuner would be a good idea anyway.

All i want is just a nice mild set up that will make my car decently fast, i might even wind up throwing a 100 shot in there later on anyway. From all the post of the people that have thumper heads they seem very happy with them. I also want the torque that thumper heads give you.

Danman765432 said:
My brother recently purchased 42lb ford injectors for his camaro. He now has 2 sets of injectors laying around that I could have. He has his stock injectors that flow at 26.# something according to Chevy (but they test them at a different scale then ford) and he also has 30 lb ford injectors that he is taking out to put in the 42's. Now my question is which one would be best for my setup when I do heads and cam listed in my sig? Also is there anyway to tune the stock MAF to the new injectors or do I need to get a new MAF?

Thanks for reading,
Dan
for what is in your sig as the future combo, the 26lb (assuming it is comparable to the ford 24lb) injectors are plenty. as far as the MAF is concerned, with the new injectors you have 2 options......either get a new MAF or a custom burned chip to retain the stock one.

Green 94 5.0 said:
for what is in your sig as the future combo, the 26lb (assuming it is comparable to the ford 24lb) injectors are plenty. as far as the MAF is concerned, with the new injectors you have 2 options......either get a new MAF or a custom burned chip to retain the stock one.
yep it would be right around fords #24

ford rates the injectors @ 40psi and GM rates them @ 50psi

IMHO, you will want no part of those Chevy inj's.

To make em work could be a challange for even a Pro Tuner.

No different from a lot of parts that are not mainstream when you don't really have a solid understanding, or have had experience with unusual parts like in this instance.

The thing that CAN happen is IF you find you are in over your head and need help or support ... Everybody says ... "Ive never tried to do this or that" ... with the particular part you have chosen.

The deal with the Chevy inj's is NOT that they won't work but, since they are different, you may have to deal with way more than you wanna to make em work.

I'd take a pass on em.

As for those 30's ... They might be a bit large but I feel 19's will be pushed close to their limit. You are gonna have a combo that is close or a bit more stronger than the typical Cobra and Ford found it fit to equip them with 24's.

The 30's can be made to work just fine with your stock maf but not with just mechanical means.

You'll need pcm tuning to make it happen :)

Grady