Quick Question

rich1223

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2001
NYC
Ok on the way home from work tonight iam at a red light and a honda pulls up alongside me.I am not sure if it was a accord but i think it was anyway it was your typical Ricer Mobile High ass Aluminum Wing,neon lights,differant color graphics on the exterior I wasn't really in the mood to run this guy but he had duel exhaust(or just two tailpipes)So the light turns green and he takes off as hard as he can anyway by the time i hit 2nd gear i had already pulled on him!So here is my question as i was going into third my foot slipped off the clutch and the rpm's shot up quickly to the red line around the beginning 6 grand before i could recover so basicly i shifted third at around 6000 rpm(i usually shift at around 5200 to 5500) anyway my question is their anything i should be worried about?it went in pretty smooth and the car seeems to be running fine but i just get a little worried when stuff like that happens so any help on this matter would be great thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah thanks i thought everything was alright!Just wanted to be sure!And come to think about it i heard before our cars have rev limiters.It was kinda nice i admit hearing the car chirp 3rd really hard!

on foxes, the factory rev limiter is 6250. i dont know if they changed that with your computers...... but try not to make a habit of bumping it - it kills fuel. that is not nice on your motor. :)

BTW, i think you are fine. i would get some pedal covers and an ignition box with a limiter just under the factory setting, if you see high revs often.