quick ratio steering rack question

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to go with a quick ratio rack go with a new 91 lincoln mark 7 rack. 2.5 turns lock to lock it will bolt in and can be found or ordered and any local parts store for under 100 bucks. the part number for advance is RP8450. hope the helps.

BTW, I installed a 93 Mustang "Sport" rack from Rockauto with 2.5 turns lock to lock on my 93 Mustang 2.3L. It works fine, and it replaces the 3.0 turn rack without issue.

The only thing that sucks about Rockauto is that you have to ship the rack back to get your core money. Core is 50 bucks, so it is worth it, but it cost me about 15 bucks to ship the thing. Keep that in mind when deciding between online and local parts store.

Also, they can't tell the difference between a 3 turn and 2.5 turn rack on the core exchange, so don't sweat that :)

Last thing to think about is that a lot of guys are using SN95 racks for a heavier steering feel. A big complaint about rebuilt fox units is that their steering is too light and has no feel. I believe an SN95 rack is a direct bolt in, but requires different tie rod ends. Search on the 5.0 forum for info on this if you are interested.