SN95 Radiator Recommendations for a 94 Cobra?

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Foothill Ranch, CA
Not getting any traction in the 94-94 section, so I thought I'd post this up here with the big boys.

Just discovered that my SVE radiator has sprung a leak in the fins near the driver's side. It only comes up when the temperature is hot, but with enough bumper-to-bumper traffic it's enough to drain the overflow tank every few days. It lasted close to 4 years, not bad considering the price. But the SVE never felt like it cooled as well as the Fluidyne I had before it. I've had 3 SN95's, and they all would stay cool over 40mph but eventually get hot and turn on the fan in stop-and-go traffic. But the SVE felt like it stayed hotter longer than my old Fluidyne. Granted, I haven't measured this and it's just my opinion. I like having extra cooling capacity, so an upgrade would be nice. But I don't want to spend a lot of money on a Fluidyne or an AFCO and only have them last as long as the SVE.

Anyone have experience with Fludyne and/or AFCO radiators? How long do they last? I'm hoping for longer then 4 years. Or is there another radiator you might recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

Believe it or not but I'm just running a parts store brass 3-core radiator that's probably 20 years old by now. It cools the car so well my temp never rises above 190 even with underdrive pulleys.

EDIT: it's a GoDan Industries 433138 however it's been discontinued for a while now. Very popular radiator in the late 90s and early 00's Mine still works flawlessly and I'd prob opt to have it rebuilt vs go with SVE

https://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2001/10/radiator/

Last edited:
Steeda use to sell C&R radiators which is the brand for NASCAR, Rolex series, etc.

My car never went over 185 ever with a 347 Stroker. Now I think they only sell Griffin which I didn't like back then.

These pics are from July in South Florida, probably 98 degrees out.

The C&R radiator, 180 Stat and 80% water / 20% coolant with 2 bottles of water wetter.

I would like to purchase a new aluminum radiator soon myself for the 94GT project.

On the highway.
42769933034_1d7aa86fdd_b.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

Stopped in traffic.
42769930284_0649fbd70c_b.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

Have you considered having it repaired? With the cost of those all aluminum radiators I'd check into it, you used to be able to pinch and seal off a few fins without adverse affects.
I still have the old Fluidyne lying around, and that was my thought. The Cobra's my only car, so I can't afford the downtime. But I figured I'd ping y'all and see if there was a better option.

Reactions: 1 user