• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Radiator Replacement Fit Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doug Fulton
  • Start date Start date Jul 23, 2017
  • Tags Tags
    radiator fit problem
D

Doug Fulton

New Member
Jul 23, 2017
1
0
1
Jul 23, 2017
#1
  • Jul 23, 2017
  • #1
Hey All:
I just blew out my radiator and bought a replacement at the parts store. I have a 2003 GT convertible 5L with a manual tranny. So the new one says it will fit manual or automatic transmissions but I can't get fittings for trans cooler lines past the other lines in engine compartment. It should slip in but it won't because there's too many rigid metal lines in the way. The old one didn't have outlets for automatic trans lines so it slips in just fines. Any ideas? Can I remove fittings and plug the holes? Can I buy a radiator without those fittings? I have t had much luck finding one. Thx. Doug
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Jul 25, 2017
#2
  • Jul 25, 2017
  • #2
I don't see why you can't, coolant doesn't enter into that area the ATF just flows through for cooling.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
2000 GT Mustang - Transmission Cooler to Radiator o-rings
  • Iwarrior
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
187
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
Iwarrior
I
P
Transmission to radiator connection
  • P0nyRider
  • Aug 5, 2024
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
999
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 23, 2024
4gwenddolau9
4
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
239
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
640
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
C
1992 LX 2,3, automatic problems, oil dissapears.
  • Carpimp
  • Aug 10, 2025
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
2
Views
255
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Aug 10, 2025
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?