RADIATORS... HELP!!

• Sponsors (?)

I got my Rad from the local parts store also. It only cost me $130 bucks. I got a 351w Radiator that was supposed to be for a LTD wagon with towing package. I have no cooling issues :D although I had to notch the frame, bend the inner aprons, and move the battery to the trunk to get it to fit under the hood.

Personally I think the weight savings and the cool appearance is the main advantage. A copper/brass radiator (like your stocker) actually cools a bit better, but doesn't look nearly as neat. Be prepared to fabricate mounting brackets, since they don't just bolt in, but it's not brain surgery. Also, have the general dimensions (height x width x thickness) of your stocker, plus the outlets location when you order.

zookeeper said:
Personally I think the weight savings and the cool appearance is the main advantage. A copper/brass radiator (like your stocker) actually cools a bit better, but doesn't look nearly as neat. Be prepared to fabricate mounting brackets, since they don't just bolt in, but it's not brain surgery. Also, have the general dimensions (height x width x thickness) of your stocker, plus the outlets location when you order.

actually, not true. hot off the press info here...

"1-888-Radiator has just released the Mustang Muscle Radiator Upgrade Kit, a new do-it-yourself installation package for any Mustang. Kits come for 1964-1993 Mustangs and offer 2 or 3 row aluminum radiator kits starting at $169 for the 1965-1969 kit, and $99 for the 1979-1993 kit. Each piece is a "drop-in" fit requireing little to no modification. A skilled hobbyist will be able to replace their stock radiator in 30 minutes. For more info call 1-888-Radiator or www.radiators.com"

Courtesy 65fastback2+2 through July 2004 Mustang Times

:D

Just save some money and get a 3-row, copper radiator. You can order a direct replacement from Mustangs unlimited or other Mustang Parts vendor. The 4-row doesn't cool any better and just makes it more difficult to fit the fan & shrouds back on.... I've been all over this issue...trust me on this.

GaPonyFarm said:
Just save some money and get a 3-row, copper radiator. You can order a direct replacement from Mustangs unlimited or other Mustang Parts vendor. The 4-row doesn't cool any better and just makes it more difficult to fit the fan & shrouds back on.... I've been all over this issue...trust me on this.

you got pics of that indian silver pony??

I had a 3 row copper in New Mexico, worked great tooling around. But it couldn't keep cool for open track or autocross events. Swapped it out for a 2 row Griffin aluminium and have never overheated since.

Tim

65fastback2+2 said:
I dont think the Mustang Club of America puts BS in their monthly magazines

I didn't imply the mag being BS, I meant radiators.com's information.

For those who have the griffin aluminum radiator, what kind did you get??? The one that actually fits the 67+ for about $400 or the universal one for about 189.99????