RAISING THE BS FLAG!

astec82

May 3, 2005
I went to a dyno on saturday morning in san diego ca. The tech guy ran my car 3 times and put out an amazing 214.4 hp??? Keep in mind I have 80mm maf, BBK CAI, 70mm throttle body, TFS intake plenum, BBK long tube headers, X-pipe with high flow cats, 40 series FLowmasters, A/C delete pulley. 3:73 gears. I am not the best mechanic, but Im pretty sure im putting out a little more than that. What do you guys think???:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

propellerhead said:
Dynos are inconsistent. I've seen differences from 198 rwhp to 230 rwhp on mine without any mods. Just a different environment. Different operator.

Really? I've never had a dyno fluctuate more than 5 hp in a 24 hour period.

Of course the temp. and humidity make a big difference, but on the same dyno there shouldn't be THAT much variation.

Now going from one dyno to another, I can see that, some one didn't have thier **** calibrated properly.

myponyrocks said:
Really? I've never had a dyno fluctuate more than 5 hp in a 24 hour period.

Of course the temp. and humidity make a big difference, but on the same dyno there shouldn't be THAT much variation.

Now going from one dyno to another, I can see that, some one didn't have thier **** calibrated properly.
Different months. Different operator sticking the tail pipe sniffer in.

Mustang5L5 said:
What car is it?

If it's a 96-97GT on a Mustang dyno, i can see it
yup a npi on a mustang dyno i can def see it. If not something seriously up with your car and would check compression etc. Dyno numbers will vary a little bit. Some shops inflate the dyno numbers by changing the alt settings on the dyno etc. Dyno number are corrected to sae and std. Sae corrects to 70 degrees while std corrects to 60 degrees. Along with temp the corrections for humidity and that are def. Dyno software has a weather station actually with it. An example is my car pulled 308 to the wheels but it was a cold day etc. Corrected to std numbers i pulled 298. Shops out in ny nj use std because it is more realistic to ny temp avg.