Ran car at track

5.0_GT_kid

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Largo, Florida
Well guys I took my GT to the track to get some baseline testing in. Overall for being my first time there and having a crappy surface most the nite and having a 202k mile stock GT...I did pretty good.

My best times of the nite..

R/T: .525
60': 2.495
MPH 69.42

Unfortunately on my best run, there was a snafu with the time slips and my timeslip showed the time of the guy in the right lane :shrug: people in the stands said it displayed 9.8xx but who knows if they were even paying that well of attention. Anyways I'll be going back next wednesday to try and improve on those numbers with my steeda tri-ax.

Some highlights of the night:

1. Got the better of a Supercharged Roush on the RT and 60' ft. Might have won had it not been for a missed shift
2. Beat a newer silver Eclipse with exhaust intake and "tuning" mods
3. Would have beat a 2003 GT with X-pipe, pullies, flows and 3:73's had it not been for my missed shift (again :mad: )
4. Beat a 1997 GT with many mods (full exhaust, pullies, cold air and timing adjuster along with 315's out back)

Vids (right click and SAVE AS please, they work better that way as well as save us bandwidth)

Me beating the 1997 GT

Me almost beating the 2003 GT

Me asleep at light but still beating Eclipse

Me vs. Roush (the 2nd run against him was better for me) where I messed up my shift

The 1997 GT gets the better of me this time

• Sponsors (?)

Also just a note about the videos. My best run against the Roush was not caught on video, the video shown was the 1st run we made, on the 2nd run I had a significantly better jump on him out of the hole.

N8Miller said:
juding by the video of you vs the SC roush, i dont think that you wold have won. he put 3-4 cars on ya by end of the track.

nice videos though.

Well like I said I missed the shift both times I ran him (he was one of my first runs) and the 2nd time I had like a car length and a half jump judging by what spectators told me.

5.0_GT_kid said:
Well like I said I missed the shift both times I ran him (he was one of my first runs) and the 2nd time I had like a car length and a half jump judging by what spectators told me.

judging by the video, you never had any sort of lead.

yeah, get some drag radials and a shifter and you will do much better.

jtkz13 said:
I'd guess with that 60' and 1/8th mile mph, you'd be running low-mid 15's @ ~ 90mph.

A 2.5 60; is not that good, even on street tires, to be honest. Congrats on going tho, now get a shifter and some dr's and you'll have much better success. :nice:

Well for being a rookie on a crappy surface, with a 202k mile GT stock I think I did ok.

Also I think I should clarify I was NOT abusing my car. It's my daily driver and I can't afford to blow away my T-5 or destroy tires all the time. I pushed my car to what I felt it could do without causing problems, and after getting used to i'm sure I could really improve on my times. :flag:

Anyways I'll take it one more time before it starts to get mods to see if I can get more accurate baselines.