Ran my dads car at the track

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
SO my dads had his car out all season. After his 10.13 he struggled to get any better. Good air today and hitting it hard he was able to crack off some 10.teens with a 10.11 being the best. He finally decided to let me have a crack at it. A broken line lock button ruined my first pass, but the second run went well...

RT: 0.062

60: 1.401

1/8: 6.365

mph: 107.95

1/4: 10.000

mph: 135.24

Yup car went 10.000 on my first stab at it. Cars seen mid 1.3x 60's but when you get everything right in a pass I cant see some 9.90s being out of the question.

For those out of the loop. Car has a van block, 392 stroker, AFR185s, Ford racing intake, carb, 690 lift solid roller, Jericho 4-speed, 4.10s and all the supporting stuff. Its actually a nitrous motor, but for the time being all motor is getting better and better.

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Josh, I was there, I took video of you from the starting line on one pass, but I figured you didnt recognize me. We pitted like 3 spots over from you, with a Grey 03 GT (car went 12.09 @ 116) a blue 86 GT (car went 12.28) and my dads maroon LX hatch.

Weight difference, Im 195, my dad is about 200-210. He snagged some 1.34-1.35 60's earlier, but they were on 10.11 and 10.13 passes. How I got 10.00, who knows. I live by the rule if you want to get the best time, you go for broke. Not to mention that Jericho is like butter!!! Im gonna try and get some videos online today. Have a nice one of the dad hanging the tires a good 2 feet in the air, and snagging second right as they came down. :D

Wow, I'm a dumbass. I talked to you there for a while and saw your brothers car in your pit. Every time that red stick hatch launched with the front end a few feet in the air everyone said holy **** but I never put 2 and 2 together. Nice runs.

I finally went 8s! :banana:

Oh i didnt relieze that was you i guess that sucks. I think all that powershifting finally got to my tranny but Iam hoping its something stupid. wouldnt go in 2nd 3rd or 4th. Yea I saw the gt a few spots down, you should have gave me a ring. You see joshs 8.9 pass???? If he can 60' it a little better that thing is going 8.5-6! My dad and his buddy had no clue it was that fast. I even saw your dads car too like josh said but didnt think twice about it. Could have brought that posi unit! I'll give you a call tonight, gotta bring a glide out that way anyways.

DIdnt get to see your 8.9 pass but thats badass, that bike should be moving once its sorted out. Josh, yeah that was me, I was gonna come over and talk some, but never saw you back over in your pit area. I figured you didnt have the diff anyway. Also saw you having issues with the tranny. Time to upgrade it, that Jericho in my dads is amazing. Better by 10 times than his old proshifted T5 :D.

Yeah the maroon hatch is his car. Was hanging the tires a good deal on his runs, but on my 10.0 it didnt do much on the launch, but was hauling a$$ down track.

Man seems with this site you get more posts if you run a mid 14 than a 10.0 in an all motor stick car.

Yea that carb car needs a cold air kit thats for sure. Yea the tranny is all done figured it would be best to stop while I am a head and not grenade it. Picked up a turbo 400 for it today. Auto+turbo=fast. My 1/8th mph was 100 not going into any gear just grannying it out there so its clearly got potential. Anyways your dads car is badass.

Is that a pump gas car? If so, you should see if you can get it into Hot Rod Magazine's Pump Gas Drags. I knew a guy who has been in it twice now, and his car only runs 9.80s on a ~200 shot of nitrous. I imagine your dad's car would run much hotter than that with some juice! I know you have to be running 8s to even think about winning that competition, but there are quite a few 9 and a handful of 10 second cars in the field, so a mid 9 second car would at least get you guys noticed. That, and it would be cool to see a Windsor powered Fox finally get some respect in that magazine!