ran out of gas car won't start??

kennym01

Jun 23, 2003
ran out of gas car won't start/not...

Anyone have this happed to them? I ran out of gas, really stupid. First time I let that happen, I feel like a total a-hole anyway, after I put a couple of gallons in I couldn't get my car to restart. How do you get the system to reprime itself so I can get fuel back to the engine? Any help is appreciated. :bang: Well it turns out I didn't run out of gas after all. My p.a.t. system went out at the same time my fuel light went on. I had a pcm chip go bad in the car's computer that just shut the car down while I was driving. I've contacted ford headquarters and they are sending the info I gave them re: my continued problems to a regional manager in my area who will discuss my perpetual repair problem further. At this point my car has been in for warranty work so many times I've lost track. I'm checking to see if I have any foundation for the "lemon law" in california. Every 3000-4000 miles my car has been in for some kind of warranty repair. I'm seriously thinking of selling it and moving on to another car, but before I do that I will consider working out a resolution with ford or last resort arbitration...All I want is a car that will stay running for more than a few thousand miles at a time...

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to hear it wasn't the fuel pump...thats why you have to be careful on fuel injected cars. If you run out you can and likely will burn up your pump and its not exactly pocket change to replace.