Randomly lost tachometer signal

alexrhodes

Nov 5, 2011
I drive a 2001 cobra and I lost my tachometer signal on the drive home from picking my car up after repairs. Just went out randomly, got a check engine light, and a batter light. then hit a bump and it came back, and the lights cleared. I checked the battery terminals, but other than that, i didn't know where to look for a loose connection or something similar. The dealership that was working on my car had the timing cover off, and had the valve cover off, any chance they would have had to remove/disconnect the crank position sensor? maybe re-installed it incorrectly or reconnected it poorly? This is the only time since i've owned the car that this has happened so i assume it was something to do with the work they've done. Also ive been having trouble with an intermittent ABS light, it's not a wheel speed sensor, checked and cleaned all of them, and watched the pids real time with a scan tool. Whenever the light IS on, the scanner can't communicate with the ABS at all. No codes, no data stream. Is there any chance these two problems are related? like a common ground point? I doubt it but figured i might as well add that. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Sponsors (?)