Ranger Header?

Biffmeistro

Feb 16, 2006
I heard that one of the standard upgrades for a 2.3 is to use a ranger header instead of the cast iron manifold.

On that, is it just a stock ranger header? And what year should I pull it from to bolt onto a 93 n/a dual plug 2.3? Would it bolt right onto my existing exhaust system?

• Sponsors (?)

The 93-98 will bolt up to your current exhaust but you have to be sure to get the EGR tube that leads from the header to the upper intake. The Ranger header weighs 20lbs less than the stock mustang manifold which is a plus and you will see the rpms rev faster too.

Dan

You'll also need to pay attnetion to the O2 sensor location. Later model Rangers had the O2 sensor in the pipe rather than the manifold. If you get one without the O2 sensor bung on the header, you'll either have to pass on it or weld a bung on it. Mine came from a '96 or '97 and head the sensor in the pipe. I ordered an O2 sensor bung from Jeg's and drilled the manifold at the collector and welded it on. I was able to locate the sensor where I wanted it which makes removal much easier.