Raplacing Shaker 1000 - what wiring harness to get?

albireo

Feb 1, 2006
I am buying a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and need a wirning harness for my 06 Mustang GT... I'm taking out my Shaker 1000 - where do I go to get this?
I know I need something so as not to mess up my factory setup. Crutchfiled always suggests the PAC unit for $130. I've been told I don't need that and do get a regular standard wiring harness - it's way cheaper...
I'd REALLY appreicate the help... I've looked everywhere and can't find a think on it.
Thanks!
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I am buying a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and need a wirning harness for my 06 Mustang GT... I'm taking out my Shaker 1000 - where do I go to get this?
I know I need something so as not to mess up my factory setup. Crutchfiled always suggests the PAC unit for $130. I've been told I don't need that and do get a regular standard wiring harness - it's way cheaper...
I'd REALLY appreicate the help... I've looked everywhere and can't find a think on it.
Thanks!
Joe

What does it take? (new head unit) - The Mustang Source

Did mine a couple of months ago. Go to best buy and buy their ford $20 harness. I can't think of the model number, but its a harness with 2 plugs, one with 2 sets of RCA's on it. You'll need to put a 5v regulator on the amp turn (blue/white) wire. That'll keep the 2 10's from popping everytime you start the car. Enjoy!:flag: