Rare fox body parts?

• Sponsors (?)

Here’s a rare part
A251E50F-1100-4A5D-8321-7BCFDCA8F8B7.png

Reactions: 1 user
My car still has the factory 1993 CD player, factory distributor cover, wires, cap, rotor and plugs, and the center console ashtray door is functional and hasn't been repaired. Grey interior too. The exterior was all original but not anymore thanks to a house fire.

I also still have the original h-pipe, rear control arms, camber plates,, and all 4 shocks in great shape. Factory headers, factory airbox, all original emissions equipment, etc. The car has never been driven in the snow or with salt on the ground.

Seems as though actual Ford Motorcraft ignition parts like TFIs etc. are getting hard to find.
When I start thinking about some of the stock parts I've tossed over the years I could cry !

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Were the CD players a 93 thing only?

In the mustang yes. They can be retrofitted into the 87-92 cars if you can find one and the amp/wiring.

The CD players came in mid-90's Windstars, contours and even SN95 mustangs without the mach 460 could get the single din CD player (rare). Only difference is the fox mustang had a squared off face, and the coin slot underneath.

I put one in my car

I got a similar unit out of a 95 F-150 for my '93 a while back. I still have to fabricate something to hold the coin tray, though.

If you have any 87-93 original radio, the bottom plate will come off and then you can swap it with the one on the CD player. Then the coin tray will bolt on. It doesn't fix the rounded face on the radio though.

In the mustang yes. They can be retrofitted into the 87-92 cars if you can find one and the amp/wiring.

The CD players came in mid-90's Windstars, contours and even SN95 mustangs without the mach 460 could get the single din CD player (rare). Only difference is the fox mustang had a squared off face, and the coin slot underneath.

I put one in my car

If you have any 87-93 original radio, the bottom plate will come off and then you can swap it with the one on the CD player. Then the coin tray will bolt on. It doesn't fix the rounded face on the radio though.

I don't have an original unfortunately. The car came with an aftermarket radio, so I don't have the coin tray either. Maybe I can scrounge up a broken one for parts on ebay or something.

The face plate is the correct square style, not the rounded style like the Contour. I relied heavily on your 93 CD player retrofit thread when I was working on my project, so thanks for all that work!