Read this, is could save you some ca$h!!

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
Long story short, my car stalled the other night and would start intermiddently. Since the problem didn't exactly fit that of a PIP sensor gone bad, I didn't pay any attention to it...at first. I figured I'd swap the pip out since it was under warranty. Car would start now, but ran like crap, pinging and missing like crazy.

I STILL suspected the PIP sensor because I had to go through a few of these things in the past to get one that worked, so I opted for a reman'd dizzy. It had brand new electronics and looked good to me. I installed it, no change! Now with a new dizzy installed, I started looking elsewhere for the problem.

I ended up doing all kinds of diagnosis on the fuel system, changing a host of parts and at the very end I was still convinced I had a bad PIP sensor in the dizzy. So I pulled the new one out of my car, ran to Advance and got another reman'd unit. Car runs like brand new now! Not one hint of pinging or hesitation or missing.

If I would have been a sucky mechanic and took the car in for repair, I would have ended up paying out the ass for parts and labor, when the replacement part was the culprit all along!!!

It would seem that A BUNCH of these PIP sensors were manufactrured and are faulty, so if you replace yours and your car starts acting up then you probably ended up with a bad one like I did and you'll have to keep swapping them until you get a good one!

I guess it was a kinda long story, sorry!

• Sponsors (?)