rear brake lines????wtf?

Hey guys, i just bought my 87 gt, and i was looking under neath of it tody and found there are two hardlines that run side by side under the drivers side and they are cut and dont go anywhere right underneath where the seat area is....are these for the rear brakes????

• Sponsors (?)

That's not the stock way the Fox brake lines run. Until ?97?, Mustangs only had one brake going from the prop valve (or ABS for sn95's) to the rear brakes.

I did a very quick rear brake line layout from memory for a stock ~85->96 Mustang.
If it's not exact, it's close.
Hopefully others will say if I missed something, or something is not correct.

FoxMustangBrakeLayout.jpg

Hey guys, i just bought my 87 gt, and i was looking under neath of it tody and found there are two hardlines that run side by side under the drivers side and they are cut and dont go anywhere right underneath where the seat area is....are these for the rear brakes????

Hmm. Where do they attach to in front of the car? Is your car an auto or manual?

If they go into the radiator and your car is running a T5, then they are old cooling lines to an AOD. This would mean your car was converted to a T5, and the lines were cut but not removed from the car. If this is the case, you can unscrew the fittings on the radiator and remove them. Check the transmission code on the door (TR). If it starts with a T, your car was an AOD car.

I think you would know if the rear brakes weren't connected, and the brake lines do not run under that part of the car.

Trans coolant lines are on the pass side, but cross over right where the bellhousing would be.

The single brake line to the rear runs through the trans tunnel on the pass side.

I don't really know what 2 lines would be on the driver's side...unless they are the trans cooler lines and the OP is just off a bit on where they are located