Rear bumper upgrade

All right. For almost as long as I've had my 07 Mustang, I've been wanting to replace my rear bumper with the one that comes on the Shelby and GT CA Special versions.

lrs-20049b_6168.jpg

I've wanted to make the swap for a while now, but I never had the money to do it. Well about a month ago, I was eating dinner at Boston Market when I hear my car alarm go off. So I go out to my car and there's a shmuck with a mini-van right behind my car. Apparently he didn't know the length of his vehicle and ended up backing into my car.

Busted4.jpg

Busted5.jpg

At first I was kind of pissed, but what are you gonna do? It's not like the guy did it on purpose and my car was still driveable. This kind of stuff is why we pay for insurance right? Then it dawned on me, upgrade bumper time!!! So I got my body shop to replace my stock bumper with the Shelby one.

I also really like the CDC classic chin spoiler.

classicmustangblue.jpg

And I thought that the Shelby bumper with its black textured bottom would be the perfect match to the CDC spolier. So as long as I was at it, I decided I would do this at the same time. So I bought one and gave it to the body shop.

• Sponsors (?)

So I got the car back yesterday and the bumper and chin spoiler look great. Unfortunately it's been hella stormy here all week, so I can't get outside to take some "after" pics. But I will as soon as the weather clears.

I don't know if it's me, but I swear the stripes on the bumper look kinda crooked. Half the people I show it to say it looks crooked and half say it doesn't. I may have to take the car back.

I did the same thing when I got rear ended in a Sonic drive through. I was a little ticked but after it was over, I got a new Shelby bumper for free and I finally got to get rid of my original bumper that was messed up from a previous accident where I was rear ended and the perp fled the scene.

Well i know what I am doing when I get home on R&R, backing into something!

That is sexy dude!!!! Id go with the classic chin spoiler over the aggressive...and PLEASE, PLEASE.....PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! Paint it.

Nah. I left it black for 2 reasons.

1. Because the bottom of the Shelby bumper is black, so having black at the front and back of the car gives it balance in my opinion.

2. Because the spoiler is so low that I'm paranoid of scraping it on something, so I didn't want to have to repaint it if I hit something.

ok you have a valid point on not painting it...better get the unpainted sides while your at it then.

and yes, I have not scraped my chin spoiler yet...but I need to be very careful- therefor not going anywhere, really.

I cant even make it out of my driveway sadly enough, luckily for me my second lot next to my house came with a driveway opening that leads directly to grass, so i cut across the grass and use that entrance/exit.

Its a bumper dude...it says no where on it, "shelby"

And I am guessing he likes the look of it, probably the main reasoning for him putting it on there.

Exactly. I just like the way it looks. If it said "Shelby" on it, I probably wouldn't have done it.

With my 95, I had a Cobra intake and a Cobra computer in it, but I didn't feel right about putting Cobra stickers on it since it wasn't a factory Cobra. That's also why I went with the running horse logo Bullitt brakes and not the Cobra logo ones.

Anyway, so it finally stopped raining and the weatherman said we're going to have a whole week of nice weather. So out came the car wash and wax and stuff!!

Culfrontclose.jpg

Homerear.jpg

Here's close-up of the new bumper.

While driving around trying to find a cool place to take pics, I stumbled across a ranch with horses! What better place to photograph a Pony than with other Ponies!?!

Poniesfront5.jpg

Poniesfrontclose.jpg

Here's a close-up of the new rear rotors. I'll do the fronts when it's time to do the front brakes.
Rearrotor2.jpg

Here's the front without the chin spoiler. It was pretty scraped up on the bottome, (one of the reasons I wanted the chin spoiler).
Front3.jpg

And here's the front with the chin spoiler.
Homefrontside.jpg

Homefront.jpg

The only thing that sucks is that now I have to be careful where I park cuz the front is so low that it will hit those parking lot bumper things. I also have to be careful on steep driveways. I had to park on the street when we went to the in-laws in South SF last night.

When encountering steep grades such as driveways, don't go in straight, try coming in from a severe angle and then straightening it out. My 03 was VERY low, and I could get it up my 40 degree, 5 foot tall driveway...and it had a chin spoiler on it. Bumper looks awesome. Have to have a spoiler on the mustangs. To me, nothing improves the look of the mustang more than some type of front bumper spoiler.

I have seen a GT500 with the Borla cat-back, looked really nice with the 4" polished tips. Althought one issue I noticed was that the exhaust stuck out further than I personally would choose. I do not know if this was because of the design of the bumper OR it was just not adjusted correctly.

I know with my Borla cat-back you can move the whole exhaust forward and backward (front/rear) atleast 4".

But with your situation, I did not look at what exhaust you have....but If i had to change tips on my cat-back I would say HELL NO, BUT, on stock exhaust I would....just because i did not spend $900 on the thing.