Rear Control Arms

mpeach1976

Feb 14, 2014
looking for new upper and lower rear control arms. Want to get a Ford racing kit, but can't find the uppers anywhere. Did Ford racing stop making the uppers? I can find the lowers all day... If not ford racing which would be the next best upper control arms to go with? And I might add that I'm looking for fixed non-adjustable.
Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I had J&M Extremes in my '10, and I have BMR on my '12. They both worked as advertised : wheel hop was completely eliminated, traction improved and the rear felt more planted. Between the two I prefer BMR, they are quieter (the J&Ms squeaked a day or so after greasing) and the BMRs appear to be more robust. Like I said though they both did what they are supposed to do. Any of the popular aftermarket arms will be a dramatic improvement of the stock pieces, so it's really just your personal preference. Also if you are replacing the upper arm make sure you replace the mounting bracket as well.

Right now I'm just working on suspension so's to eliminate the breaking loose reputation that mustangs have with factory power and making it's sufficient enough for more power in the future even if I go forced induction.

If you're going more power in the future, you should really consider an adjustable upper. You're probably going to lower the car at some point, add a 1 piece drive shaft and then you'll be able to dial your pinion angle in with an adjustable upper control arm. If you're going to replace it anyway, that would be my advice.

Steeda works very well. I liked their bushing configuration. Their mounting bracket is constructed really strong compared to the the stock .I was not going to change the stock one out but glad I made the decision to dump it. I'm lowered an inch and did not need the adjustable. My aluminium DS angle came in perfect with zero vibrations. If you ever plan on lower than an inch adjustable would be a must. As with any improved suspension change be aware increase in NVH will come. If you have a 3:73 gear ratio which is prone to be noisy this mod might make it more prevalent.

I am not lowered, but I thought about installing the relocation brackets to angle the arms negative (toward the ground) a little for drag racing although I am concerned daily driving would suffer.