Rear Differential Washers

rob289c

Oct 18, 2005
I will soon be installing the differential back into the housing. It's a '67 8" rear. There were copper washers under the nuts on the 5 lower studs. They are pretty beat. Where, besides Ford can I find these copper washers? I've been to a couple of auto parts stores, hardware stores, and Tractor Supply with no luck.

• Sponsors (?)

I will soon be installing the differential back into the housing. It's a '67 8" rear. There were copper washers under the nuts on the 5 lower studs. They are pretty beat. Where, besides Ford can I find these copper washers? I've been to a couple of auto parts stores, hardware stores, and Tractor Supply with no luck.

Any parts store should have them. I just did this last month on my 8" and the washers were on all 10 bolts. They were copper and are called "crush washers". Maybe if you use that name, you'll have better luck. THey are similar to the washers used for the soft brake line that attaches to the caliper. Oh, I got my crush washers at Auto Zone and I think they cost about 12 cents each. replace them all at that price