rear differential

I don't mind my locker on the street. If it was a 100% daily driver, not strip then I would maybe do something else, only for the reason that it drives a little differently. Really I dont see the big deal though.

I would much rather have a locker than a spool on the street however.

• Sponsors (?)

The True Trac is an all gear limited slip (no clutch disks), The Trac Loc is a clutch type which may need an additive in your axle lube. As far as I know Both work fine, the clutch type is still what usually comes from the factory in performance type vehicles. I bought the True Trac, but haven't driven on it yet so thus far have no opinion on it.

I've got a TruTrac and its awesome. Completely quiet, no cluncky locking and unlocking, no clutches to wear out, no special fluids. It launches hard every time and hasn't complained in the least - it's the jam.
Summit carries them too you'll just have to call them with the part number for the 8inch.

Good Luck...

Posted via Mobile Device

The True trac is a very nice LS. I had one for 2 years in the GT. Unfortunately my 31 spline unit was no match for my manual transmission and slicks at the dragstrip. After about 120 hard runs one of the cones that attach to the axle cracked. In its defense, my axles splines were twisted on both sides too so I know I was putting some serious power into it. I did find that the little screw gears also had some wear on them. No parts are available from Eaton to rebuild them so mine is garbage fodder (unless I can score another broken one.

I would certainly purchase another for street duty as it worked well in that application.

BrokenineInch018.jpg

Attachments

• BrokenineInch018.jpg
    BrokenineInch018.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 33