Rear end swap questions

FF5Cobra

May 1, 2018
California
Hello, new to this site but thought if anyone may have these answers you all would!
I have a MK3 Factory Five Cobra replica, most of the running gear is from a 1989 Mustang GT which means it is 4 lug. I am going to swap it out for 5 lug and a friend gave me a complete rear diff from a 1994 Mustang GT with 5 lug and disc brakes. My main question is the 94 any wider than the 89? I am looking to keep the same size tires so do not want to compromise wheel space. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The 94 rear is wider. All you need is fox length 5 lug axles. And swap your rotors pour drums to 5 lug. The 80s ford ranger had 5 lug 10 inch drums that will fit. The 94 disc brakes, caliper bracket, and mounting flange will bolt onto a fox mustang rear. You have to swap sides left and right. The brake booster ang master cylinder would habe to be changed as well.

The '94 rear housing is not wider, it is the same width. The axles are wider. You can use the North Racecars caliper brackets and earlier length axles to retain the earlier fox width. You can have your axles drilled for 5-lug pattern, or better, purchase aftermarket fox length axles already drilled for 5-lugs. This is assuming that you want to use the disc brakes.