Engine Rear main seal still dripping, been replaced twice!!

I used the ford racing seal. I had these same questions and reason I went FR is because the first seal (no sleeve) I installed was the fel pro Teflon and it leaked. I figured I’d try something new

• Sponsors (?)

Evintho--So basically you're saying the rubber Ford Racing seal is better quality and would seal better than the teflon Fel Pro seal?
Don't know. Never used the FelPro teflon seal. Apparently, Ford Racing (now Ford Performance) is the high-performance division of Ford Motor Company. So I have to assume the quality is fairly decent. I tend to go with OEM stuff if I can. I do know that patience and attention to detail during installation makes a big difference. If the OP possesses those qualities and installs the crank repair sleeve, locks it in with Loctite 518 flange sealer, installs the Ford Racing RMS, uses thread sealer on the flywheel bolts and torques them to spec, the chances are pretty good he'll have a leak free installation. Just my $.02.

So I just ordered the Ford Racing rear main seal, crankshaft sleeve, & the loctite 518 (already have the thread sealer) so we'll see what happens. I'll probably go to home depot and get a 4" pvc cap like someone in this thread suggested and give that a shot. I appreciate everyone's advice. I hope this solves the problem.

So I just ordered the Ford Racing rear main seal, crankshaft sleeve, & the loctite 518 (already have the thread sealer) so we'll see what happens. I'll probably go to home depot and get a 4" pvc cap like someone in this thread suggested and give that a shot. I appreciate everyone's advice. I hope this solves the problem.
There's a small price to pay for all this help. :D
Since this is a very informative thread to help everyone stop their rear main leaks, how about you come back in here when done and give us results? Tell us how you did with the PVC install method as well.
Cool?

Reactions: 1 user
The pvc install tool works nice. It has a lip that lined up perfectly with the RMS

5238A391-D89C-4C4A-A37B-457D6BEB8DD0.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users