rear quarter windows

smittys302

Aug 19, 2011
Does anyone know how to fix the seal on the rear quarter windows? Mine is so bad water is leaking in through one. Dugan Racing use to sell the window for 87-93 mustangs with a new seal, but they dont sell it anymore. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

In my opinion those covers suck. I had some on mine for a few months. They stick out too far and don't look right. Get some some sand paper (rough & smooth), filler primer, and some black trim paint. Use the rough sand paper to get through the bad pitting. Then shoot it with some filler primer. Use the smooth sandpaper to get a smooth finish. Repeat until you got a good finish. You may need to use some bondo if your pitting is BAD. Once your done just spray a few coats of SEM or any kind of black trim paint. If you take your time you will love the results and it will cost you half of what those covers cost. A shot of clear may be good to protect the finish.

I took out the 1/4 windows, it made the whole process a lot easier. Less taping and easier to do becaues I wasn't afraid of scratching my paint. Good luck.