Rear suspension Help LCA's and UCA's. Lots of Questions! Please help.

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
So I bought this whole kit from this guy. Today while I had my car on a lift while I was doing my oil, I replaced out my worn out end links and Tranny mount. The stock tranny mount is way less beefy than the poly mount. How much of a difference is this going to make as far as handling goes? What is it supposed to do beside hold the tranny?
I am in the process of boxing my control arms as well. I posted a topic before on this too as well as looked at many online articles doing this. I read that polys in the uppers and lowers can rip your torque boxes. Should I beef these up too with a kit? Or will it not be necessary if I run poly's in the lower control arms and one rubber bushing on the axle housing and a poly at the top of the arm? I was looking at the rear of my car too. To get the upper arms out, do I need to unbolt the exhaust and undo the driveshaft? They look like a pain in the ass to remove. The lowers look a bit easier to do though. Any good recommendation of how to remove the upper and lower arms the most efficient?

I was looking at the parts list and it looks like all I got was the upper front spring isolators. My rear isolators are shot. Will it make a difference if I just throw rubber isolators back in there? Or will poly be the best way to go?

Offset rack and pinion bushings. I think I know where they go, but they look too small. I have 4 of them but I only see two on my car. The go right on the front of the rack in right behind the radiator right?

Sorry for the questions, but I want to get my car set up for auto cross for the beginning of the year.

You see more isolators in here? What the hell are these long poly tubes nest to the endlinks for?

View attachment 517823

• Sponsors (?)

As for the rack bushings you will put 2 on and then slide the rack on them and then put the other two on each side it will be like this kinda (bushing) -=- (bushing) with the rack in the middle. Go poly and just get the battle boxes or whatever you want to call them to beef up the torque boxes. You will probably have to take the exhaust off or it will be a pain to get up there. But you dont have to take the driveshaft off. The poly tranny mount is supposed to flex less than the stock one but also reduce the vibrations. Kinda in between the soft rubber and a solid mount. O and by the way the axle bushings are a pain, atleast they were for me.