Rear suspension question

steeda46

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2000
Fayetteville, GA
I'm looking to upgrade the rear 4-link factory suspension for various reasons. My question is this... I'm interested in adding a Panhard bar and upgrading the upper control arms (UCA). (I'm not sure at this point if I want to add a torque arm, atleast right now due to exhaust modification, etc). I noticed on Maximum Motorsports website that they recomend the FRPP UCA with rubber bushing. If I add a Panhard bar is it worth upgrading the UCA or should I skip the Panhard bar and just upgrade the UCA.

Note: I have all Steeda suspension parts and I plan on using Steeda for the C/C plate and UCA, but use MM Panhard bar.

• Sponsors (?)

The torque arm doesn't really get in the way of the exhaust, the panhard does. The MM panhard works with the stock cat-back and any aftermarket one that routes the pipes exactly the same as stock, Magnaflow doesn't.

I ran with a panhard and FRPP uppers for a while and it did make a noticeable difference. Nowhere near as good as when I added the torque arm and removed the uppers, though.

steeda46 said:
I'm looking to upgrade the rear 4-link factory suspension for various reasons. My question is this... I'm interested in adding a Panhard bar and upgrading the upper control arms (UCA). (I'm not sure at this point if I want to add a torque arm, atleast right now due to exhaust modification, etc). I noticed on Maximum Motorsports website that they recomend the FRPP UCA with rubber bushing. If I add a Panhard bar is it worth upgrading the UCA or should I skip the Panhard bar and just upgrade the UCA.

Note: I have all Steeda suspension parts and I plan on using Steeda for the C/C plate and UCA, but use MM Panhard bar.
You are forgetting the Lower control arms.. probably the weakest link in our rear suspension. Go with MM LCA's and then I've heard the Griggs Pan hard bar is stronger from a shop that installs these things as if they were oil changes. Spend the money on that, then decide whether doing the UCA's is worth it.. Once i had the MM LCA's put on i'm glad I didn't spend money on the UCA's yet.. cuz its already 100 percent stiffer back there with greatly reduced wheelhop.

-wade