Rear Sway Bar Too Low

txstang92

Aug 7, 2003
Dallas
Recently I put new Steeda UCA (adjustable) and LCA (weight-jackers) and when I put the sway bar back on, it is hanging way too low for comfort and jacking the pumpkin up. From the lowest point on the sway bar it is approx. 4 in. from the ground. Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it without losing the sway bar? I talked to Steeda and they have never experienced one this low but they said it should not be an issue. I just do not like how that is the only thing you see hanging from underneath the car either. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00153.JPG
    DSC00153.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC00156.JPG
    DSC00156.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 627
  • Sponsors (?)

So it is upside down from looking at the pic or try flipping it over? When I originally installed it I tried flipping it the other way and could not even get it to bolt up. And yes, it has hit on a couple of speed bumps.

It takes 10 minutes, tops! Lay it on the ground under where it's supposed to be, lift one side up, start one of the bolts, start the other one, then go to the other side and do the same thing. Then tighten them down.

i want to say it's upside-down as well, but I really don't think it is. looking at all the pics shaolin posted and looking back at the OP's car, the curves look to be the same. I think it's so low because of the bend in the weight-jacker's arms and the angle it puts the swaybar mounting brackets at.

It takes 10 minutes, tops! Lay it on the ground under where it's supposed to be, lift one side up, start one of the bolts, start the other one, then go to the other side and do the same thing. Then tighten them down.

I don't know if it was the cheap lrs lower control arms or what, but i had to start 1 bolt, fight to get the other one started, then go to the other side and use a 2 foot pry bar to jam it into place while I got the bolt started.

I'm gonna have to agree with 95Vert383AOD, he said "I have weight jacker LCA's on my 95 and it looks pretty much the same....Flipping it does no good. It's the curve in the arm and the mounting point of the sway bar that does this." I remember when trying to install it the other way it would hit and not even come close to bolting up. The sway bar supports are removable as Mustang5L5 said but they can only be installed one way and if they are removed the bolt holes are too far apart on the CA compared to the sway bar. I did not have any problems installing it, there were just clearance issue and angles that seem to be the problem for hanging so low.