Rear Wheels Noise (Clicking)

savegoodautonfg

May 11, 2005
When im driving at all times mostly when its in nuetral because i can hear it the best, my rear makes this clicking/ticking noise. I don't think its the bearings because i was told that would make a screeching noise or whistle. this noise is like something is stuck in the wheel and it rolls around but there nothing i took off the tire and checked. nothing. i jacked up the rear and spinned the tires to see if i heard it and i could'nt and then i went on to start it up and put it in first and try to hear it while the tires were spinning but still no noise. i'm out of ideas here guys. please help. at first i thought it was in the tires/wheels but it might be in the rear end. please any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same exact problem and mine turned out to be the dust sheild had gotten bent up against the rotor. Just a thought, but may be a place to check. Just like someone else said, jack it up and pull the wheel and examine really really close.

i had a ticking sound coming from my rear end right after i put on my five lug drum conversion. turned out to be a warped drum. it only happened when i would apply the brakes. if you want to isolate the rear brakes, use the e brake.

If your car has center caps, check to see if they are tight, and if they are, check to see under them if somethign isn't under there. The other suggestions are a good thing to look at. Berring noise is different.