Recaro Seats From Speedware?

Shark01

Aug 14, 2008
Really want better seats. These are pricey ($4,320 for power with lumbar, heat, and fan) but look really great (leather with colored suade inserts) and being Recaros will be firm and supportive.

Anyone here bought these?

• Sponsors (?)

Ummm first off WTF ! 4 grand r u high ! .....tell me you have a nicly modded stang already... Or do you do an insane amount of driving ..?? Either way 4 grand dosnt that seem a tad much !?

I put 15k per year on it. Why skimp on something you are in contact with EVERY day? You guys will spend big $ on wheels, and stereos, and appearance mods that don't do a damn thing, and yet tell me I'm high?:rlaugh:

Are they pricey? yeah, but they look great, should be high quality.......and would cost me less than trading it in for something with better seating which is the other option.

hmmm something with better seating? I don't understand. Are you saying you wan't a new car with more stiff seating? You may as well go buy the Evo then, they have great seating, for stock!!! and they are only 42 grand, no big deal.

I would say the mustang seats are perfectly fine, comfortable...and look great, and, better than alot of vehicles out there.

but, if you keep sliding around on them and sink into them...either lose weight or hmmm someone is way to picky about their "seating"

I guess I'm used to better seating (most of my cars the past decade have been European):shrug:

The inserts are available in blue, red, or yellow.....

Attachments

• MUSTANGSEAT1.jpg
    MUSTANGSEAT1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 109
  • MUSTANGSEAT2.jpg
    MUSTANGSEAT2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 91
Go for it if you want it.

To everyone else... it's his money, let him do what he wants with it. He's got a point, too. I mean, do you guys go cheap when you buy a new mattress, which you spend a good third of your life on?

That said I do think they are kind of ugly...

I have recaro SRDs in my cobra. They're good and the quality is great. I have had them for 4 years and the only complaint is where the fabric meets up with the harness catch its coming off right there. Only about an inch and a half long. Other than that, its a great brand of seat.

But if you want a decent set of racing seats look into corbeau unless you are dead set on recaros. Its basically just a name when you get into high end seats. Sparco is nothing but overrated junk.

If you get the basic seat you will save yourself a LOT of weight. The stock seats are heavy as lead. My recaro seats can be lifted with ease, wehre the stockers i just about bust a nutt moving...

If you are also dead set on a seat, you might want to shop around and sit in them first. If you're a big guy you're going to need a special seat. I'm kind of skinny so seats dont bother me that much and my ass can fit in most of them. Just food for thought as well.