Recaro seats?

micahclow

May 5, 2011
Got a great deal on an all stock 94gt from a friends sister. has 125k on it and everything is in excellent shape except for the drivers seat. I was wondering if anyone has recaro's and are they worth the money? How comfortable are they? I need a little support cause my back isnt what it used to be:)

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the Forum! Recaro's are definitely spendy but probably worth it. If you can justify spending that much on seats, go for it. If you are cheap like me, just find a junkyard replacement. There are lots of different options in between also. Some people have had pretty good luck with the summit or jegs seats. I think the corbeau seats are pretty nice also. If you came accross a set of used 03/04 cobra seats for cheap, they would do nicely. Whatever you do, research, research, research to make sure you will be happy with what you buy. Try the search function, and if you have more questions, just ask!

-- Just to chime in here really quick, here at TMI in we are in the final stages before we begin releasing our 94-98 & 99-04 Mustang Upholstery and front bucket foam. It should be ready to rock'n'roll in the next few months. We manufacture factory replacement seat upholstery and sell it either in a whole kit, or front buckets only. Might be a cheaper alternative to an aftermarket sport seat.

I'll make sure to post a big thread when they are ready to roll!

Not sure if you're talking about made-to-order Recarros that will fit your specific application or not, but if you are just trying to find a good deal on another set of seats to swap in, definitely do your homework, not just with your butt but also with a tape measure. I got a screaming deal on a set of Recarros for my 67 that came out of a BMW. GREAT SEATS...however, they're no where close to fitting in the stock location. I've had to do major rework on the floor pans and tunnel of my 67 to fit them. (Yeah, I don't admit defeat easily).

Lesson for the OP is two-fold:

!) Make sure what you're getting is dimensionally similar to what you're replacing. Don't just check mounting locations, check seat height as well.

2) I'd be careful with mail order seats; this is going to be something like buying shoes. They might be the right size, but they may not necessarily fit your body well. I'd recommend sitting in whatever you're considering before you buy.

Welcome to the board! You're like the first ever to join and not have your first post be "How can I make 500 hp on a stock block for less than $1500?" :)

I have a set of recaro srd's and love them they are the seats that came in the 2000 cobra r , i alos have a set of sparoco torinos in my svo they are a little stiffer but still comfortable for long drives

-- Just to chime in here really quick, here at TMI in we are in the final stages before we begin releasing our 94-98 & 99-04 Mustang Upholstery and front bucket foam. It should be ready to rock'n'roll in the next few months. We manufacture factory replacement seat upholstery and sell it either in a whole kit, or front buckets only. Might be a cheaper alternative to an aftermarket sport seat.

I'll make sure to post a big thread when they are ready to roll!

Excellent! I had really liked your products but was very disappointed that they were only for Foxes. Glad to see the SN95 crowd will get some love now! :D

I too have the sparco seats and really like em. The best advice for seats has already been given and that is to sit into as many as possible before you buy. My seats fit me well, but if I was any bigger I wouldn't fit in them and I'm 5' 10" around 170lbs. I don't know how Troy fits into his... :)