• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Refinishing performance pack wheels

  • Thread starter Thread starter msfeeley1980
  • Start date Start date Aug 13, 2019
M

msfeeley1980

New Member
Nov 28, 2018
19
1
3
South Jersey
Aug 13, 2019
#1
  • Aug 13, 2019
  • #1
Thinking about adding the performance pack wheels to my ‘15. One issue i keep coming across though is used wheels often have blemishes and scratches. Can they be repaired cheaply? I’m already gonna be into the rims and new tires.
 

I Bleed Ford Blue

5 Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
416
122
73
North Olmsted OH
Aug 13, 2019
#2
  • Aug 13, 2019
  • #2
Just about every major city has at least one wheel refurb company that can repair and/or refinish wheels and some of them stock used wheels that have been repaired. I suggest finding the one by you and see what they have in stock before you buy. From what I've seen on shows on velocity (now motortrend) tv a set of 4 typically runs about $200-250, but your mileage my vary.
 
R

ravenofpoe

Member
Jun 23, 2019
48
9
18
Clackamas or
Aug 14, 2019
#3
  • Aug 14, 2019
  • #3
Wheels are such a crap shoot. I bent a wheel on my old mustang. I needed just one lousy stock wheel. Ford wanted $800 (lmao) and I couldn’t find singles. Sets occasionally came up near a thousand. Almost a year later I found a set that was going for 250.
 
C

CycloneV6

New Member
Mar 11, 2020
2
0
1
Georgia
May 20, 2020
#4
  • May 20, 2020
  • #4
My wheels had been painted black by the previous owner. I found a set of 4 wheels and tires off a GT Premium that had maybe 500 - 1000 miles on them on FACEBOOK for $425.00 . I had my original rims restored by Alloy Wheel Specialists. That cost $450.00 .... BUT ... they true and balance the WHEELS before they mount and balance with the tires. I think they're better than new. They have franchises all over.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
395
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
340
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
2004 Mustang 3.8L V6 vibrations above 65 MPH and differential leaks
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
837
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 29, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?