Release date for 2005s

I was simply reporting what I was told, not what I believe.
I could not post the copy of the dealer info sheet because I scanned it at too high a resolution and the site would not accept it.
I'll send the scan to Tyler65 when I get home. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

WARPrints said:
I could not post the copy of the dealer info sheet because I scanned it at too high a resolution and the site would not accept it.

Don't let us down WarPrints :notnice:

WARPrints said:

Still waiting....

SVTdriver said:
I think it's time for a lock down. Since the 24 hours have gone past. And still no proof.

It's on its way....

I just recieved a PM from WARPrints informing me that I need to check my hotmail account. Too bad I forget about my hotmail account on a daily basis :nonono:

EDIT:
Apperently my hotmail account had not been checked in so long that it was de-activated.

[email protected]

Hope that clears everything up.

To clarify the original post...

He was told the release dates were late May or early June by some un named person. But has the same dealer brochure as seen here in past weeks.

Sorry guys, false alarm.

But good effort all the same. Keep up the search for new info folks!

Thanks for the prompt clarification. I wonder if the date that dealers will start taking orders was just misinterpreted as the date the '05's are to arrive on dealers' lots.

Oh well, back to the Fall of '04 for '05 deliveries. Since I figure I'll have to wait out the inevitable dealer gouging on what looks to be a hot new car, it's probably going to be more like Fall of '05 delivery for me, anyway.

JJZ109 said:
Thanks for the prompt clarification. I wonder if the date that dealers will start taking orders was just misinterpreted as the date the '05's are to arrive on dealers' lots.

Oh well, back to the Fall of '04 for '05 deliveries. Since I figure I'll have to wait out the inevitable dealer gouging on what looks to be a hot new car, it's probably going to be more like Fall of '05 delivery for me, anyway.

Man if wait that long might as well pick up a Cobra or SVT Mustang what ever they call it. :D

:D
skywarp said:
Man if wait that long might as well pick up a Cobra or SVT Mustang what ever they call it. :D

I'm hoping by the time Ford has the Cobra, SVT, Shelby or whatever comes first on the dealers' lots, the initial demand surge for the GT will have died down enough to get a semi-reasonable price on a GT. The reaction to the new '05 seems to be pretty positive so I expect the early demand to be high. I have the feeling this new design is going to be trip back in time for baby boomers (don't ask me why I have this feeling ;) ). Car dealers are the masters of capitalism, so high demand + low supply = special dealer surcharge. The new GT and V6 models won't be limited production type cars, of course, so eventually the supply will begin matching the demand at the usual pricing.

Hey, I still remember when Mazda first came out with the Miata. Wow, the dealers really made a killing on that car when it first hit the showrooms.