Remote Start

06BLR85

Aug 30, 2005
I was at my dealer today to test drive a 5 speed GT. WOW, i liked it.

Anyway i asked if installing the viper alarm system with remote start would void the warenty and he told me that the mustang came with one that had all the features of the viper.

Does any one have that system and if you do how do you like it and what is the range of the remote, cuz the viper will go like a 100 yards and more with the extended antena.

(sorry about spelling im an IT guy, not many of us can spell, but we try.)

• Sponsors (?)

You can not put a remote start in a manual, legally for safety reasons, as you would have to bypass the clutch interlock. I am looking at getting the viper 5000 which appears to be the same as the 791 only without remote start.

The alarm system that Ford offers is excellent,,,If you gonna get it go with the Gold kit! Most insurance companies give you a discount if you have this installed,,, I would get factory alarm system before the viper any day!

Well i like the idea of remote start because i always warm up my car before takeing off, so it would be nice to push a button as i brush my teeth to just walk out and its all ready to go.

But i did a little more research and it is illegal because if you leave the car in gear you can kill someone cuz it will roll. I do want the factory cuz there are always best, but i guess ill have to do without. who knows one day ill be loaded and leave the car in gear, opps. :bang:

I know that there are some places that offer a "reminder", where as soon as you turn the car of it will beep untill you put your gear in Neutral. That way youre at least warned,,,, but you would need the aftermarket remote starter cause ford wont install theirs on any Manual!
Here's a link I found where they do have a secure Manual Trans remote starter:
http://www.autobarn.net/derestformat.html

if im not mistaking, 05-06 mustangs have a sensor on the clutch pedal, the car wont start unless the clutch pedal is activated, youll have to override this sensor....IF im not mistaking