Remote start

I had a remote start in my car but never had the remote to start it. I just always used the factory alarm. My question is if I just cut the wires off of it will it effect the ignition coil in the 8th cylinder which is closest to the firewall on the drivers side. Bc idk what is wrong but that coil keeps blowing up (literally). But if not what do y'all think it could be bc I took it off.

• Sponsors (?)

IMO, it's far more likely that the #8 COP is burning up because of excessive dwell. Causes include a wiring fault (grounded signal return) or bad PCM coil driver.

Recommend that you do not ignore this as there is a real risk of engine fire.

I have helped ppl before with similar problems. One ignored the recommendation to fix it ASAP and an engine fire was the result. Destroyed the wiring and fuel rails in additon to all PVC and vacuum hoses. Very $$ repair.

Since you haven't included ANY information about your remote start (model, how it's wired) it's not possible to give a real answer. But if asked to guess, cutting the wires is not the way to go. The remote start has to have control of the ignition circuits. Likely cutting the wires will kill the power through the ignition.

IMO, it's far more likely that the #8 COP is burning up because of excessive dwell. Causes include a wiring fault (grounded signal return) or bad PCM coil driver.

I have helped ppl before with similar problems. One ignored the recommendation to fix it ASAP and an engine fire was the result. Destroyed the wiring and fuel rails in additon to all PVC and vacuum hoses. Very $$ repair.

Since you haven't included ANY information about your remote start (model, how it's wired) it's not possible to give a real answer. But if asked to guess, cutting the wires is not the way to go. The remote start has to have control of the ignition circuits. Likely cutting the wires will kill the power through the ignition.
Ok bro so I have a 2002 gt. the remote start was on the car when I bought it so isk what it is. It was wired with a red and black wire and there was three wires together that lead to a pigtail that plugged in somewhere but was disconnected.
And what I'm asking is if I plug it back in my car will be ok

also buddy i went ahead and rewired exactly how it used to be and put the new coil back on and i turned the car on. it seemed like it was running the same so what i did was unplug the coil while the car was on and it had no effect on how the idle and then i unplugged a random one which was the 2nd cylinder plug and it started to bog alot so it seems that its not the actual initial factory plug that went out but afcourse like you said the wiring so where do i begin if you dont mind me asking.
also it blew that new coil almost within a min or two.

The signal return wire for #8 COP is WH/RD. The PCM pin # is 79. To check for a ground fault, disconnect the COP and the PCM. Measure the resistance from the WH/RD wire to a known good ground. If the resistance is low (<10 Ohms), this indicates a ground fault. Start wiggling the harness looking for the resistance to change. If your VOM meter has an audible alarm, that helps to be able to hear the change.

I helped one guy that found wire chaffing from a bracket where the engine wiring harness crosses the rear intake. He adjusted the harness and insulated the wire and all was good.

If you can't find a wiring fault, then it's very likely there's a bad coil driver in the PCM. Some ppl that are real good with electronics have been able to do repairs. For most of us, the fix is a new PCM.