Remove my Cobra wing to save weight?

• Sponsors (?)

I had an adjustable wing made...

For a project at work, we made an adjustable wing and front splitter. The wing ended up as high as a 2000 Cobra R to be effective. Anything shorter was just a decoration....

The splitter wanted to be as low and as far forward as you could live with...

having a GTS i have to say that i like the wingless look, but i dont like spoilers much at all, if it wasnt so expensive to do it right id pull the spoiler off the Mach1 as well.....

never have liked the stock spoilers on mustangs, except the 93 cobra.

Nik_92Stang said:
I would think if you're worried about it, the wing's at the part of the car where you'd want to keep weight over the rear wheels. Take some weight off the front instead. Just IMO though.
my thoughts exactly. :)

Like was said, you will notice nothing good with removing it. I personally don't like the wingless look... it makes the car look too much like a "normal" car for me and takes away a lot of the sportyness of it, but that's me.

I never liked the ~96 cobra that came without the wing from the factory...

yellow5.0cobra said:
instead of reducing weight to go faster, how bout bolt crap on the car to make it faster!

now THATS an idea!

Because I'm a cheap skate. :D Actually, I don't want to "buy" all my E.T. I'd like to learn and earn some of it. I've been on this power/weight ratio trip lately. I have a buddy with a 95 Cobra and his car weighs 3200lbs with him in it.

i actually thought about this for a while bu im def sticking with my saleen wing. they only weigh ~ 10 lbs, and like others have said that 10 lbs is in the back where you want it. i would only take it off if i liked the wingless look a lot. ive gotten my car down to 3320 with me in it, what in the heck did your friend do to get it to 3200?

Fast94Cobra said:
ive gotten my car down to 3320 with me in it, what in the heck did your friend do to get it to 3200?

Well looking at your sig I see you still have the stock steel heads, I have AFR Aluminums which saved me about 45-50 pounds diffrence from my GT40's. I also got rid of all the leather power seats and now have CR-1's. I have back seat delete, Fiberglass hood. Took off the A/C and a/c equipment. I took off the Smog pump and all the smog equipment, The Cobra R rims wiegh less than my Stock crobra rims that came with the car. I do not have my spare tire in the trunk anymore. and the list goes on with the little stuff, such as taking off the front sway bar, the 20lb wieght by the rear of the drive shaft....ect...ect. As the saying goes....find 10 one pound items instead of looking for 1 ten pound item to take off the car.

I wiegh in at about 145lbs.

I wieghed my car with me in it and half a tank of gas at the local trash collecting facitlity and it came in right at 3110 give or take a pound :nice:

But now I have a 6 point Roll bar and 5 point harnesses which added probably a good 90lbs or so, I will have to wiegh it again when I get a chance and see where I am at. Should be a little over the 3200 mark

yellow5.0cobra said:
instead of reducing weight to go faster, how bout bolt crap on the car to make it faster!

now THATS an idea!

cause i am a poor college student and I got 3 mph out of free weight reduction, and run faster with less mods than alot of people do with heads cam

maybe thats why

now taking the wing of for weight reduction is reduction is kind of rediculous....taking it off because you think stock wings look gay like myself makes since on the other hand.

there are other things to take out of the back that are hidden... if you need a list or some tips... hit me up on AIM or PM