• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Removing Dash Pad From A 96

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vettn71
  • Start date Start date Aug 20, 2017
V

Vettn71

Advanced Member
Jan 3, 2014
273
154
74
Aug 20, 2017
#1
  • Aug 20, 2017
  • #1
i have seen on various forums where the dash pad has been removed, leaving the dash frame still attached to the car. I'm not certain how this was done, but would like to find out how it's done. My dash has a crack in it and I'd like to leave the frame attached to the car and replace the damaged dash pad. Anyone done this?

TIA

Jim
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Aug 21, 2017
#2
  • Aug 21, 2017
  • #2
Google it too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--uxNhe6fwc

Lots more info, too.
 
V

Vettn71

Advanced Member
Jan 3, 2014
273
154
74
Aug 21, 2017
#3
  • Aug 21, 2017
  • #3
I appreciate the video, but I know how to completely remove the dash. I've done several, unfortunately. I want to remove only the pad, not the frame. I may not have been clear about what I wanted

Thanks again

Jim
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Aug 22, 2017
#4
  • Aug 22, 2017
  • #4
Found this:
you have to remove the entire dash to replace the cover. we did that on my buddies 97 GT. it was a HUGE PITA!!!!
 
V

Vettn71

Advanced Member
Jan 3, 2014
273
154
74
Aug 22, 2017
#5
  • Aug 22, 2017
  • #5
I was afraid it was going in that direction. At least I've done it several times

Thanks for the response

Jim
 
V

Vettn71

Advanced Member
Jan 3, 2014
273
154
74
Aug 22, 2017
#6
  • Aug 22, 2017
  • #6
I was afraid it was going in that direction. At least I've done it several times

Thanks for the response

Jim
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Aug 23, 2017
#7
  • Aug 23, 2017
  • #7
Kinda surprised, I always thought the pads were easily replaced, better take good care of mine. Good luck with it!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Progress Thread Today in the shed........
  • Don7Up
  • May 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
33
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
LILCBRA
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
160
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
Removing speedo cable from the VSS
  • 91AOD5.0LX
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 25, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
346
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Paint and Body Frame rail dimensions
  • keel
  • Jan 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
25
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 13, 2026
keel
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?